Zum Inhalt springen
Districts of the city Gera

District Trebnitz

Straße in Trebnitz

Data and facts:

Name of the district:Trebnitz
with the localities:Trebnitz, Laasen
District of the city of Gera since:01.07.1994
Surface area:579 ha
Population: (as at: 31.12.2022)369

District mayor and district council

District mayor:Prager, Knut
Members of the district council:Eichler, Harald
Prager, Achim
Roßner, Andreas
Schröder, Karsten
District office:Trebnitz 31
07554 Gera
Phone: 0171 / 266 83 59
E-Mail: pragertrebnitz@gmx.de

Location and transport connections

Location:Trebnitz and Laasen are located in the north-eastern part of the city. They are bordered to the north and east by the BAB 4 highway. Both villages have historic settlement centers with an agricultural character, many old farmhouses and farmsteads as well as many new buildings.
Utilization:The existing, established villages have a strong village character and reflect the historical combination of agricultural and residential use in terms of design. The importance of agriculture as an employer has declined sharply. The importance of agriculture as an employer has declined sharply. Small craft and service businesses are located here.
Landscape and site design:There is a morphologically varied area in the eastern part of Trebnitz. The landscape is characterized by fields and meadows. The integration of the established villages into the landscape is given due to the strong greening with trees and shrubs typical of the landscape. The street structure is village-like. Special features such as old farm gardens, orchards, springs and fish ponds can be found in Laasen.
Transport connections:Trebnitz can be reached via the L 1079n and the B 92. Internal access is via municipal roads. By public transport, Trebnitz and Laasen can be reached every half hour via bus line 26 after changing from the terminus of streetcar line 3. The Regionalverkehr Gera GmbH bus line 208 runs twice daily between Gera and Trebnitz/Laasen.
Straße in Trebnitz


History Trebnitz

(Author: Regina Wolf)

The village of Trebnitz is located north-east of Gera on the top of a plateau. It consists of the districts of Trebnitz and Laasen.

The village was first mentioned in a document in 1376. The church in the village was built in 1444 and in 1672 it was given its present appearance with the construction of a new nave.
The "St. Nicklaus" church was given a small organ in 1718 and a new large bell 18 years later. After extensive renovation work, the church was reconsecrated in 1997. In July 2006, the church was fitted with an electric chime after the bell was repaired.

Mining began in Trebnitz under Burgrave Heinrich V in 1550. Copper and silver ore were mined. Day and night shifts were introduced in the Trebnitz mine as early as 1567. Mining ended in 1603.
A school was first mentioned in 1590, which was rebuilt in 1902. Children from Trebnitz, Laasen and Schwaara attended it. After 350 years of school tradition, the school was closed in 1970 and from then on the children went to school in Brahmenau.

Construction of the highway began in 1937/38. Trebnitz is therefore located directly on the Bundesautobahn 4, which was widened to six lanes in 2006. This brought the highway even closer to the village.

Traditional life in the village, the economic and social structure changed dramatically after 1945.

In 1948, the Kammergut zu Laasen was partially demolished due to the land reform.

In 1959, the village club was founded, which was entered in the register of associations as "Dorfclub Trebnitz e.V." on January 5, 1995 and still determines the cultural events in the village today.
In 1977, the village club opened the multi-purpose building. Today, it is still the focal point for cultural events in the village and can be hired for celebrations.

A trombone choir was also founded in 1988.
In 1989, the youth club was handed over, which still actively looks after the young people in the district today. Festivals are organized annually. The club also provides one-week vacation care for the youngest children during the summer vacations.


Laasen was first mentioned in a document in 1333. The district is located in a valley depression by three ponds. Laasen originated in the vicinity of the original Vorwerk and later Kammergut.

The first definite mention of the village of Laasen was in 1409. In 1595, Heinrich Posthumus inherited the estate in Laasen and it became the chamber estate of Hans Reuß j. L.

The first evidence of a municipal seal was found in 1870. It consists mainly of agricultural attributes such as rake, scythe and flail.

Laasen was incorporated into the municipality of Trebnitz in 1950.

In 1981, the kitchen pond was renovated.

The opening of the "Globus" supermarket in 1992 also changed the environment of the village of Trebnitz.

The Selgros wholesale store opened in 1995.

The bridge over the valley west of Laasen is part of the north-east tangent that runs past Trebnitz.

Construction of the "Bauers Hof" residential area began in 1998. The small residential area blends in well with the village landscape. The village has continued to improve over the last few years. The inhabitants of Trebnitz and Laasen have contributed to the beautification of the village through their own efforts.

Hiking trails, seating and the fountain in Trebnitz, which was created on the initiative of the residents and inaugurated in 2003, are available to everyone in the village and to hikers.
The village club, the youth club, the church association, the trombone choir, the VS group Trebnitz, the bowling club and the gymnastics group fill the cultural life in the village with content. As a result, various festivals have become a permanent fixture in our village.

Maypole planting, carnival, summer festival and our autumn bonfire strengthen the togetherness in our village.